Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Believe me, I just said another prayer...

I find myself thinking/saying a lot, "I can't do this" or, "Wow! I didn't think I could do this but I just did it."

That happens a lot in matters related to sleep and health, and parenting :). Sleep has been an on/off issue for awhile. We were doing great. Then all of a sudden the waking up 6-10 times a night started all over again. I'm not sure what to do any more. I've tried everything in an effort to get this kid to sleep better. This weekend, we are going to try something all over again. I need it to work.

Some days I'm so tired, I truly feel like collapsing. That's especially true this first trimester. Dealing with a sleepless toddler for 12 hours a day and a rush of pregnancy hormones is tough. But, God, you know what. I'm blessed. I HATE being negative, but I need to get this out. Please bear with me.

Nothing lasts forever. One day, I'll be so sad that these times are gone. I'm looking forward to getting to hear this new baby's heartbeat for the first time (next week). Looking forward to the first steps, to seeing Mirabel's reaction when she fully understands that she has a sibling; getting to see them bond and develop a sweet relationship...

But right now I'm literally getting by one second at a time. Been up since 4 AM. My stomach always becomes a wreck with pregnancy hormones, and I'm not just talking about nausea (surprisingly, that is mild). It's like my digestive system can't figure out how to respond to the changes, so it just goes to extremes. It's been interesting.

On to the positive. Wow, I got pregnant that easily! I didn't think this could happen. I truly thought it was going to take some serious medical intervention. I'm still in shock. The first time, even. Don't they say that the average person has only about a 30% chance of conceiving on the first try? Yet it happened to me, and I haven't even had a cycle since July 2009.

But I could never be on that show, I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. Believe me, I KNOW :)! If the breakouts on my face don't give it away, the exhaustion, serious heartburn, gas, indigestion, etc. DO :D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friend I can completely empathize with you. Praying for strength for you today as I know how hard it can be. It helps me to repeat the Chris Tomlin song Our God is Greater quietly to myself when I think I can't keep going or I get really discouraged.

Sophie said...

Thank you for your prayers :). Sending a hug your way.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by :)!


 

Template by Suck my Lolly