Thursday, March 24, 2011

An awesome cookbook!

Sleep-deprived and/or busy moms (or anyone who doesn't have too much time to cook these days!)...I've got a cookbook to recommend! I love it, quite a few of them are gluten-free too.

Ali, I remember you mentioning your good ol' slow cooker recently :). It made me realize that mine wasn't getting enough attention!

I found a cookbook that uses really fresh and tasty ingredients creatively. Slow cooker meals never tasted so good! I tweaked one of the recipes from the book (the American Paella), and added a few ingredients that reminded me of home.

Warm flavors. This is super hearty. Omit the red pepper flakes if spice isn't your thing. (I've got weenie taste buds and thought it had just enough kick.)

If you're looking for a good cookbook, check out The Ultimate Slow Cooker Cookbook (oh, and I wasn't paid to say that! ;) (Uh, oh! I just noticed Better Homes and Gardens also has one that looks good! Ooh! And America's Test Kitchen has one too?! Look at this recipe I came across recently! YUM! A childhood favorite of mine.)

I blogged about this recipe on my "work" blog...you can find the improvised recipe here :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by :)!


 

Template by Suck my Lolly