Saturday, October 16, 2010

A quick note

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu

Stealing that quote from a friend. I don't know why, but reading it just now (in the dark with Mirabel asleep) - it makes so much sense. Yep, now more than ever. There are no words to describe how I feel about the little girl sleeping in the room across the apartment. I recently told Jose that even on my roughest days, it's never truly that bad, because I get to see her smile and laugh (and that changes EVERYTHING).

I am such a weenie. Before, when I'd hear a creak in the house, I'd freeze in my tracks. I refused to go see what the problem was. Now I respond in an instant. Anything that makes me think even just a little bit that my child is in danger gets a quick response out of me.

I always figured that becoming a parent would be a life changing event. I have to say that the moment I found out I was pregnant, I knew I would do anything to keep that child safe from harm. I guess I just never knew that it would happen instantly. It isn't a progressive thing at all. The minute I saw the second line show up on the pregnancy test, without even thinking, I started coming last. The interesting thing is, it doesn't even feel like self-sacrifice. I can't imagine myself existing any other way. Does that make sense?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy your blog because you are the sweetest gal. My Mom told me those feelings will last for the rest of your life, even when your little girl is a Mom and away on her own. The relationship changes, but your love never will. You make perfect sense.

Sophie said...

Thanks, anonymous :). I appreciate your kind words.

Anonymous said...

You are welcome! I was just going to tell you how much I liked the bangs, but hey, they disappeared with a new page. Just between you and me, I think you looked very hip with your new look. :o)

Sophie said...

Thanks :). I took the pic off because I felt awkward seeing my face every time I scrolled the blog :P.

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by :)!


 

Template by Suck my Lolly