Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A 'cute' verse

"Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."
Colossians 4:6

I read this verse and had to laugh a little, being a foodie and all. Salt really does make or break a baked good. I've learned from experience. When I first started baking, I used to do away with the salt in recipes because I saw no point in adding the one little teaspoon or half teaspoon of salt.

I thought, "What can a tiny pinch of salt do to a batch of cookies that sugar and all the other good stuff can't?". Well, when batch after batch of those saltless cookies kept coming up bland and missing 'something', I eventually realized how much their yumminess depends on a smidgen of salt.

God knows my responses are sometimes missing salt, the extra something that makes my words palatable and effective in representing my faith in God. How many times have you heard a sermon or someone (even this blog ;) trying to express God's love and it just sounds impersonal and 'Hallmark'? It really gives a whole new meaning to the phrase Pass the Salt! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by :)!


 

Template by Suck my Lolly