Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Maybe Sparrow

Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.

Luke 12:7
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Job 12:10
In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.

The first is a verse I often here quoted when worry related issues arise. We're told to have faith that God will work things out because he even protects the sparrows. But that doesn't mean we're supposed to just have faith or just trust and pray...

Getting a picture of the sparrows outside my apartment yesterday morning wasn't easy. It was cold so their feathers were fluffy. Still, they were happily chirping away, probably celebrating Spring's oncoming arrival and a sunny morning without snowfall, rain or high speed winds.

Then I enter the scene. Huge black camera in hand, big black coat on, scarf around my face, glasses on, the works--I probably looked like a monster to them. They see me. They're gone... I spent the next 10 to 15 minutes looking for a gutsy but photogenic birdie that might've stuck around. Finally found one, he's pictured hiding behind a branch. The rest followed their God-given instincts and flew away...

So why is it that when we're afraid or worried about something, we expect God to do it all? Even sparrows know better...well, some ;).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by :)!


 

Template by Suck my Lolly