Monday, May 10, 2010

Not yet... :)

She still hasn't made her grand appearance! But our new doc decided to do an ultrasound last week and this is what we got :D (no scanner here in Houston, so the pic is a little blurry from having to photograph it). I was really happy because I wanted one of these 4-D ultrasounds soooo badly, thankfully I got one. Mirabel is so camera shy, just like her dad. She always has her hands over her face. Her nose looks a little funny, I think she got my mushroom nose haha :D. She's got a tiny bit of hair and measured at 6 pounds 4 ounces at 38 weeks, which is what I weighed at birth (40 weeks). It looks like she'll be little like me, but we shall see (hopefully sooner than later!).

The not-so-good news is that my amniotic fluid levels are measuring "borderline". The doc set up another ultrasound for my actual due date. If the fluid levels have dropped more, then I will need to be induced. Not exactly looking forward to pitocin contractions, but at least that means I will probably be holding Mirabel next week! AHHHH! I am SO SO excited, and that is an understatement. We are so ready for her! All the baby showers are over and we picked up the final necessities yesterday, we're good to go :).

This is the cake from this weekend's shower, the top part was gluten-free :)!

Mother's day was really special this year. I wasn't expecting anything but Jose gave me such a sweet gift. Awhile ago, I mentioned that I really wanted to buy the Beatrix Potter Fairy Tale Collection. I said it just once, pretty briefly, but Jose remembered. Below is what I found on the kitchen table on Mother's Day morning...

Happy Mother's Day to all of the sweet women out there who've either birthed or adopted children, or have loving hearts :).



I'm tempted to say that the next post will be a birth announcement with plenty of pictures, but, gosh, this little girl is not showing any signs of coming out any time soon! :P Come out, Mirabel!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by :)!


 

Template by Suck my Lolly