Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's getting to the "not so fun" part of the game

So...what was supposed to be just a 1 hour visit with our new OB turned into a 2 hour wait to see the doctor, followed by a 5 hour hospital stay (and I didn't get to meet the midwives, so that plan is out the window now). This new doc of mine is very, very thorough. She doesn't let anything slip through the cracks, really. That's actually why her wait time is so long, apparently everyone loves her. She is a sweet/intelligent lady, but...yesterday still wasn't fun.

The night before we didn't sleep much because I was contracting every 3 minutes for about 20-30 seconds each time. That lasted 2 hours then stopped. But the next day at the appointment, when the doctor put the doppler on my belly to see how Mirabel was doing, she was concerned about how she was responding to the contractions. So that's when she sent me to the hospital for what was supposed to be a 30 minute NST. She said that if the baby wasn't tolerating the contractions, I'd be INDUCED THAT VERY DAY!

After being hooked up to the monitors for an hour, the results were faxed to the doctor. She said all was well with the baby but she was concerned that I was having contractions every 2 minutes. Apparently the monitor was catching more contractions than I was. I was surprised to feel half of the contractions, because even that was more than what I was used to. Hoping the space between each contraction would slow down, she had me drink 2 liters of water.

4 hours later, I'm still contracting.

I finally get to leave because the contractions decreased a tad, and I told them that I've always contracted throughout this pregnancy. Thankfully I didn't have to be induced, but going 10 hours without eating was pretty rough.

Today I'm having some on/off contractions again...I'm not sure how much longer this is gonna go on, but hopefully we can get some more sleep before the baby arrives!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by :)!


 

Template by Suck my Lolly