Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Perfect timing

I'm sure this is funny to some, but Jose and I are already talking about baby #2. Even though a few folks have commented that we're fairly young parents, I'm so glad we didn't wait to have our first. Fertility issues aside, I decided awhile ago that being a mom was more important to me than staying in school for another 10 years. It was a personal decision and I don't expect everyone to feel like this. Now that Mirabel's here, I can honestly say that she came at the perfect time.

Being a parent is definitely not the easiest thing in the world. There are days I'm so tired, I'm not even sure how I mange to keep my eyes open, but it all works out. Jose and I are slowly learning how to balance our time; it's been a little rough because I'm working part-time from home and he's working really hard, giving these summer internships his best, but we're still smiling. As far as being in the most financially stable position--well, that's not going to happen until we have this 140K debt behind us, which isn't going to happen for awhile (thanks to school loans!). But we've got good insurance, we've got the determination to make it, and we love this child like nothing else. She doesn't have a fancy designer stroller, I made sure to purchase quite a bit of her baby gear on sale, and she doesn't have a nice luxurious nursery with million thread-count sheets, but she is happy. How do I know? She smiles at me every morning; I've also never been more content, and I know that influences her emotional state.

No regrets.

I don't know what God has planned for us. I've already started praying about/for baby #2. I'm slowly preparing myself for another round of emotional ups and downs, brought about by trying to conceive with infertility "issues". Ugh... yeah, those. Who knows how long it'll be. But then again, if you would've told me this time last year that the following July I'd be writing a blog post while peaking over my shoulder at MY little girl sleeping soundly in her swing, I wouldn't have believed you :).

1 comments:

Tracy said...

LOVE that new photo of you & Mirabel in the sidebar, Sophie... so sweet! I'm not surprised you're thinking about #2 already! ;o) Mirabel was a dream come true... I hope very another one will come true for you & Jose. Keep smiling! :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by :)!


 

Template by Suck my Lolly